Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thing 18 - online videos

Of course I couldn't resist embedding Conan the Librarian into my blog. I have been on YouTube for both work - I have used clips in classes - and just plain entertainment. It is amazing what you can find on YouTube both current and vintage. YouTube does a great job of tagging, so it's hard to stop following the trail of other possible related videos. I have also posted educational videos to TeacherTube. I have noticed that TeacherTube does not seem as robust - it sometimes freezes and can also take a long time to load. But I do like that there are less worries with TeacherTube for student use. I have found that students enjoy watching and definitely making their own videos. To then be able to post them to a site is a great 2.0 option.

No comments: