Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thing 13 - online productivity tools

I like the arrangement of PageFlakes the best. I also like that so many resources can be brought together in one space. I am hesitant to have other private accounts (email, Facebook, etc.) connected to site such as this - I think that security risks can be minimized by not having all accounts interconnected. Since I started my career in corporate world, I found the BackPack site very interesting. When I left my marketing position a number of years ago, the company was spending a great deal of money to develop an in-house customer management system. Now it appears that BackPack can provide some of the same services for a nominal fee. It's amazing the progress that has been made in Web 2.0 tools in the last few years. However, I have yet to find a productivity tool that works for me personally. But I am definitely enjoying the process of learning about all the tools that are currently out there. As for my library, I found that setting up a blog has been most helpful. It has allowed me to provide resources and tools for students and staff as well as quickly add information for lessons or whatever need I may have.

No comments: