Friday, September 11, 2009

Thing 17 - ELM productivity tools

I have used some of the ELM tools for research and found them very helpful. I know I have only scratched the surface. ELM is a great resource that I have been promoting to my students as well. I have not introduced them to all of the features, but I am glad to see them use this resource as opposed to going directly to the Internet. I talk to new students about the ELM databases during my library orientations. I have also made quick links available on the first page of our website in order to further encourage them to use this resource. I can see how it would be beneficial to offer additional instruction to patrons who are or will be performing in-depth research so that they can take advantage of these many features.

No comments: