Monday, April 26, 2010

Thing 33 - travel 2.0

For planning trips (and many other applications such as purchases), 2.0 sites are a must. I find actual user information an important factor in my decision making. However, it also helps to know credible websites and the people using them. Getting off of the travel topic for a moment, when making electronics purchases, I like to check out the site newegg.com. This site has many reviews on new technologies from users who are definitely more techie oriented. But I will also check out Amazon.com just to see if the item I am interested in is also a popular seller. I have found this type of information very helpful, especially when formal evaluations such as Consumer Reports may not be available. This type of "consumer" 2.0 information is a great outcome of the web 2.0 phenomenon.

No comments: