Friday, April 9, 2010

Thing 31 - More: Twitter

I think that Twitter can be used as a great professional tool for librarians. As I have said before, we must go where the people are, and they are definitely on Twitter. Using Twitter as well as adding a Twitter RSS feed into a website or blog for example is a simple and quick way to keep patrons up to date on news and events. As for me, I prefer to use Twitter for professional posts and conversations. For some reason I feel that my personal posts need to be funny or clever. This is probably because the people who I follow are lol funny. The pressure... I'll have to work on that one. In the mean time, I do think that Twitter is an innovative tool for librarians. As for a classification, the beauty of Twitter is that it is what you make of it.

No comments: