Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing 4 - flickr

I had previously sent information about flickr to my school's staff and found that some of them started using it for personal photos, which was great to see. Using this this tool in school is a bit trickier since permission is needed from students and the fact that some of our students just do not like their photos posted.

For me personally, I have not yet ventured into the world of putting my photos on the web. However, the Common Craft video was inspiring - love them! I always thought that if I started using one of these sites that I would mark my photos private for safety purposes. But the Common Craft video made me think twice about making some content public and "feeling the love". It would be interesting to see what comments a photo might generate.

Anyway, this activity was good in that it has helped me to take the time to actually use this site. Not to mention the fact that I have been trying to figure out how to go forward with managing photos - yes, I still have photo albums... I have a feeling that I will be changing my ways on this one.

No comments: